July 26, 2021 4:00 PM
by Stephanie Venegas
On Monday, July 12, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom signed a package deal of price range funds that comprise a $262.6 billion spending plan agreed upon with state lawmakers for the upcoming fiscal yr that started July 1, 2021. This state aid package deal is The Most very important of its type Inside the nation and was fueled by a $76 billion state surplus and $27 billion in federal assist. Not solely will this package deal proceed to facilitate California’s restoration from the COVID-19 pandemic, However It is going to furtherly current quick aid to these most weak Californians.
Under are some key price range provisions Which will assist Santa Monica residents and companies in our collective financial restoration:
- $8.1 billion to increase the Golden State Stimulus plan To current $600 checks to California taxpayers making As a lot as $75,000 yrly, As properly as to An further $500 to households with youngsters.
- $1.5 billion in small enterprise and non-revenue grants collectively with $50 million for microgrants of As a lot as $10,000 to seed small enterprise creation As properly as To current direct aid to current microcompanies.
- $12 billion in new funding for homelessness packages over The subsequent two yrs collectively with $2 billion in assist for native governments and $2.75 billion in further funding for Enterprise Homekey, which funds The acquisition of resorts and motels for The wants of housing the unhoused.
- Extension of the statewide eviction moratorium till September 30, 2021, and enlargement of This method To current As a lot as 100% in assist for rental and utility monetary obligations, collectively with arrearages and potential funds.
- $95 million to implement strategic media restoration campaigns Which will leap-start the restoration of the journey and tourism enterprise.
- Expansion of Medi-Cal To incorporate undocumented residents aged 50 yrs and older.
- $4.4 billion over 5 yrs to create a behavioral well being system for youth ages 0 to 25, collectively with $205 million for the Psychological Health Scholar Providers Act to assist the mental well being and emotional wants Of youngsters and youth as they return To extreme schools and Lifestyle.
- $1 billion in American Rescue Plan funds To cease power utility disconnections for consumers experiencing monetary hardship As a Outcome of of financial impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $150 million for the California Venues Grant Program To current monetary aid to unbiased venues, stay occasions companies, and minor league sports activities.
- An enhance of $439 million for an equity-focused matching grant program to assist native library upkeep, capital tasks, broadband and know-how upgrades, And buying for of models.